Agreement of Invitation

August 17, 2010
Agreement of Invitation



Examples

Inviting someone Expressions

Accepting/Agreement an Invitation
•I would like you to…
•We would be pleased if you could…
•Would you like to …….. ?
•Shall we……. ?
•How about ….?

Refusing and declining invitation
•Thank you. Yes, I would like to ….
•Yes, I would. Thanks
•Yes, I would. Thanks
•That would be very nice. Thank you.
•All right!
•O.K
•I would love to, but …
•That’s nice/great. Unfortunately/ However
•That’s very kind of you, but …
•Sorry, that wouldn’t be possible. Thanks anyway.

Dialog
Tomo : Helo Juni. How are you enjoying to stay in Prabumulih?
Juni : I’m enjoying it very much, thank you.
Tomo : By the way, what are you doing tomorrow afternoon?
Juni : Nothing special as far as I know
Tomo : Well, would you care to have dinner with me tonight?
Juni : Thanks, I’d love to
Tomo : Fine. Let’s meet here at Five o’clock
Juni : What about coming round and pick me up at five?
Tomo : All right. About five o’clock then
Juni : Good. See you tomorrow.
Tomo : Fine. See you next time

Exercises
I. Complete the following dialogs.
1. Yuni : I’m gong to Taman Mini Indonesia Indah tomorrow. ……………………...
Fitri : ……………………. My mother asks me to accompany her to Palembang.
2. Ahmad : I plan to go to the Pasir Putih this afternoon………………………….
Reno : …………………………….
Ahmad : Okay. I’ll wait you here at 4 p.m
3. Mentet : Why don’t you go shopping with me?
Andina : ……………………….. What time shall we go?
Mentet : At 9:00 a.m.
4. Seni : I hope you can attend my birthday party tonight.
Juno : ……………………. I have to help my father fix the TV set
Seni : All right
5. Ina : My family is going to have a Pesta Dusun tonight. ………………
Rini : …………………………. Pesta Dusun is very interesting

0 comments: