Introduction

August 17, 2010
I. Getting to Know Each Other

Introduction is expression that used in the first meeting occasion

Examples of Introducing Yourself
•Hi, I’m Sherly, a new comer → How do you do?
•Hello, I’m Anton → How do you do? I’m Juan
•Hello. My name is Adin → I’m Astar. Pleased to meet you
•Hi. I’m Ilham. What’s your name? → Hi. I’m Rian, but everyone calls me Yan
•How do you do? My name is Kiki → How do you do?

Examples of introducing other people
•I’d like to introduce Imam → How do you do?
•I’d like to introduce you to my father. Nice to meet you→ Nice to meet you, too
•Let me introduce you to My friend, Rico → Nice to meet you, Rico
•Allow me introduce you to Carla → I’m glad to meet you, Carla

Dialog 1
Dery : Hello, I’m Gilang. Can I sit beside you?
Garry : Sure. I’m Garry, but everyone calls me Gar.
Dery : Nice to meet you, Garry.
Garry : Nice to meet you, too
Dialog 2
Dery : Hello, Mom! I’m home
Mrs.Ri : Is that you, Dery?
Dery : Yes, Mom. I’ve brought home a new friend. Garry, this is my mother.
Gerry : How do you do, Mrs. Ri?
Mrs.Ri : How do you do, Gerry?
Gerry : Sorry, I have to go home now. See you later, Mrs. Ri.
Mrs.Ri : See you

0 comments: