Showing Attention

August 18, 2010
Showing Attention
Expression that used for giving act of directing one’s thought
For Example:
•You look fantastic
•You are different today
•You look brilliant

Exercises
I.Write a dialog about ‘Showing Attention’. Then Perform it in front of the class
II. Complete the dialog below with Attention expressions
Ayu: “How are you, today?
Adi: “I am very well. Thanks, and you?
Ayu: “I am fine, too. ………………
Adi: “I don’t think so, I am just like usual. But, thank you.”
Ayu: You are wearing a good shirt. I like it. Where did you buy?. …………..
Adi: I bought in Distro. Thanks for your attention to me.

Questions
1. Edo: “What are you doing here?”
Ali : “I am looking for English Dictionary.”
Edo : “…………………………. “
Ali : “Are you sure?. Thanks a lot.”
a.You look fantastic
b.You’ve found it
c.That’s correct
d.Don’t bother me
e.I don’t think so.
2. Justine :“You’re so different this morning”
Dadang: “May be, I had good sleep last night.
Justine : “I think so.”
The underlined words express ….
a.Sympathy
b.Unbelievable feeling
c.Pleasure
d.Surprise
e.Thank
3.Kyla: “You look pale today, what’s the matter?
Widi: “I’ve been recovered from ill.”
Kyla: “Sorry, I don’t know about it.”
The underlined words express …
a.sympathy
b.surprise
c.showing attention
d.advise
e.warning
4. Mrs. Rina: “Don’t use a knife my son! I am scare, you will be hurt.”
Son : “No, Mom. I’ll be careful.
The bold utterance expresses …
a.sympathy
b.surprise
c.showing attention
d.advise
e.warning
5. Rain: “……………………… in doing the duty.”
Rina: “Thank you for your attention.”
a.You look so sad
b.You look very incredible
c.Thanks a lot
d.Don’t mention it
e.It’s surprise

0 comments: